Source: Norwegian Life Saving Society and Tryg Forsikring
- Respect the ice.
- Do not go onto the ice if you cannot swim.
- Stay on safe ice. Avoid areas where you should know that the ice is weak.
- Show particular caution on autumn ice, snow-covered ice and spring ice.
- Use all of your senses when you are crossing the ice.
- Do not go onto the ice alone.
- Bring proper and adequate safety equipment.
- If you go through the ice, do not panic.
- If others go through the ice, keep your distance.